A guide to optimal cancer nutrition for people with cancer, carers and health professionals
This pathway has been developed by a project team, within the Victorian Cancer Malnutrition Collaborative (VCMC) program of work, to help people with cancer, carers and health professionals achieve and deliver optimal nutrition care. It will provide and link you with reliable information, resources and tools and provide some practical tips that will help you along the way. See more about the project.
What is The CanEAT pathway and how can it help?
There are two pathways:
- The CanEAT pathway for health professionals
- The CanEAT pathway for people with cancer and their carers
Also see the following infographic summaries:
- CanEAT pathway and MST infographic for health professionals
- CanEAT pathway and MST infographic for people with cancer and their carers
The pathway has been developed by people with cancer, carers and health professionals through a co-design process. The pathway is:
- A basic one-stop-shop guide that links you with reliable nutrition and cancer information, resources and tools such as websites, fact sheets, booklets, podcasts, self-management strategies and other practical information
- Assisting and supporting health professionals to deliver great nutrition care
- Not intended to be read cover to cover, read what is useful to you
- Includes practical tips that include things to aim for but also things to watch out for and when you should ask for help
Loeliger J & Dewar S. The CanEAT pathway: A guide to optimal cancer nutrition for people with cancer, carers and health professionals. Victorian Cancer Malnutrition Collaborative, Victoria, Melbourne. November 2019.
Please note that the pathway will be updated periodically with the last edited date noted here: 2 January 2020.
- This pathway has been co-designed by patients, carers and health professionals through a project lead by Jenelle Loeliger (Project Manager) and Sarah Dewar (Project Officer), with contributions from the project Steering Committee members and VCMC project team as part of the Victorian Cancer Malnutrition Collaborative (VCMC) program of work
- Supported by the Victorian Government
- We thank and acknowledge:
- The project Steering Committee members
- The VCMC project team
- Those that contributed to the design of the project in any form
- Those that completed the consumer survey
- Those that participated in the consumer focus groups
- All workshop attendees
- Those that took the time to provide feedback on the pathway
- The VCMC community
- The Peter Mac Nutrition & Speech Pathology Department