Veteran affairs

We offer support to veterans and war widows, supplying up-to-date information about entitlements and access to services

Our qualified social workers supply direct support and referrals to help veterans and war widows. They also help with challenges relating to a cancer diagnosis and treatment, aging, and conditions associated with active service. We can: 

  • Supply referrals to services and resources, such as transport services and home support 

  • Help with admission and discharge planning 

  • Help book accommodation 

  • Provide claim forms for travelling expenses and help with completion 

  • Arrange a visit from your ex-service organisation 

  • Supply information about DVA financial, health and community services

We can also link you with others. This includes your local RSL welfare officer and/or a clinical social worker. That officer or worker can provide: 

  • Information and advocacy support 

  • Hospital visits while you are an inpatient or outpatient 

  • Help completing new pension claims or updating an earlier claim 

  • Help with lodgment of forms 

  • Access to financial aid 

  • Access to community services 

  • Funeral arrangements and bereavement support

If you are veteran or a war widow 

You may be a veteran or a war widow. If so, please let a member of your treating team know so that we can support you. Or you can contact the social work department. 

Our Veteran affairs contact 

Social Work 

  • Phone: (03) 8559 5220 (Select option 4) 

  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Veteran affairs groups

We keep in contact with three veteran affairs groups. These are the: