Keep up to date with our events. Join our mailing list.
Cancer Wellness Program webinar
Registrations to attend are now open!
- Friday, 23 April 2021, 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday, 29 September 2021, 11.00 - 12.30pm
The Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre (ACSC), based at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (Peter Mac), in partnership with Cancer Council Victoria (CCV) will present a virtual Cancer Wellness Program.
The Cancer Wellness Program is a free education and support program for people who have completed cancer treatment and are living with and beyond cancer. It is also for carers, partners and family members.
Cancer specialists will present the topics
- Finding a new 'normal' with Susan Dragan
- Nutrition for cancer survivors with Darcy Jongebloed
- Your GP and long-term health and with Dr Alexis Butler
- Relaxation and Mindfulness with Christine Maingard
The presentations will include practical tips and strategies for living well with and beyond cancer.
We welcome you to register for this free event and encourage you to share this invitation with your carer, a family member or friend. Register here.
Please access the resource list for this event
Cancer Wellness Program videos
Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances with COVID-19 (coronavirus), in order to protect our patients, ACSC had to cancel the face-to-face April Cancer Wellness Program.
We understand this is a difficult time for many and that you may not be able to access your regular support networks. To ensure you are still supported during this time, we have a series of videos developed by Cancer Council Victoria, as well as Peter Mac covering topics we usually discuss at the Cancer Wellness Program.
- Managing cancer-related fatigue (Peter Mac): 14.25 minutes
- Topics: What is cancer-related fatigue, common symptoms, understanding your energy levels, prioritising your energy, strategies to manage cancer-related fatigue
- Physical activity and survivorship (Cancer Council Victoria): 15.05 minutes
- Topics: what is physical activity, importance and benefits of physical activity, safe practices for exercising
- Healthy eating and nutrition (Cancer Council Victoria): 4.10 minutes
- Topics: what healthy eating looks like, importance of healthy eating, strategies to help you eat well
- Emotional health and wellbeing (Cancer Council Victoria): 5.46 minutes
- Topics: common experiences for cancer survivors, strategies for a full life, support services
- Life management, finances and work (Cancer Council Victoria): 6.44 minutes
- Topics: financial concerns, returning to work, pro-bono programs
You can also visit these ACSC web pages for more support and information:
- Resources for survivors and carers
- Common survivorship issues directory
- Self-management for cancer survivors
- Cancer Council Information and Support line: 13 11 20
- Cancer Council NSW web page: Life after cancer treatment
Please contact us at [email protected] or 03 8559 6220 if there is anything we can do to support you further during this time.