Keep up to date with our events. Join our mailing list.
Cancer Wellness Program webinar
- 2023 event dates to be announced soon.
The Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre (ACSC), based at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (Peter Mac), in partnership with Cancer Council Victoria (CCV) biannually present a Cancer Wellness Program.
The Cancer Wellness Program is a free education and support program for people who have completed cancer treatment and are living with and beyond cancer. It is also for carers, partners and family members. Health professionals present on various topics to support self-management and provide practical tips and strategies for living well with and beyond cancer.
We welcome you to register for these free events, once registrations open, and encourage you to share this invitation with your carer, a family member or friend.
Please contact the ACSC with any queries, on (03) 8559 6220 or email [email protected].
Cancer Wellness Program videos
We understand this is a difficult time for many and that you may not be able to access your regular support networks. To ensure you are still supported during this time, we have a series of videos developed by Cancer Council Victoria, as well as Peter Mac covering topics we usually discuss at the Cancer Wellness Program.
- Managing cancer-related fatigue (Peter Mac): 14.25 minutes
- Topics: What is cancer-related fatigue, common symptoms, understanding your energy levels, prioritising your energy, strategies to manage cancer-related fatigue
- Physical activity and survivorship (Cancer Council Victoria): 15.05 minutes
- Topics: what is physical activity, importance and benefits of physical activity, safe practices for exercising
- Healthy eating and nutrition (Cancer Council Victoria): 4.10 minutes
- Topics: what healthy eating looks like, importance of healthy eating, strategies to help you eat well
- Emotional health and wellbeing (Cancer Council Victoria): 5.46 minutes
- Topics: common experiences for cancer survivors, strategies for a full life, support services
- Life management, finances and work (Cancer Council Victoria): 6.44 minutes
- Topics: financial concerns, returning to work, pro-bono programs
You can also visit these ACSC web pages for more support and information:
- Resources for survivors and carers
- Common survivorship issues directory
- Self-management for cancer survivors
- Cancer Council Information and Support line: 13 11 20
- Cancer Council NSW web page: Life after cancer treatment
Please contact us at [email protected] or 03 8559 6220 if there is anything we can do to support you further during this time.