Reading the story of someone who has experienced cancer can be helpful. These personal stories have been shared by some generous individuals about cancer and its impact on their lives.
- Malcolm Chandler was diagnosed with melanoma: “We didn’t have Slip, Slop, Slap back then”
- Meg Rynderman, our consumer representative retells her story: '10 Years On - My Story Retold'. You can also watch Meg sharing her cancer survivor journey.
- Ian Allen diagnosed with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: 'At the end of the day it's my body'
- James Williams diagnosed with colorectal cancer at age 54: 'Never good news'
- Linett Hunter, diagnosed with cervical cancer at age 58: 'It's not selfish - it's self care'
- Alexis Kolsky, diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma at age 17: 'Can't run, can't jump, can't ski'
- Judy Sammut, diagnosed with breast cancer: 'There's life after breast cancer'
- Richard Gardner, diagnosed with tonsil and an unrelated bowel cancer: 'God I'm lucky, dead lucky'
- Roger Moulton, early 50s and caring for wife: 'Much more than a tree change'
- Meg Rynderman, our consumer representative who leads the survivor story project: ‘You’re so lucky’
- Sarah Tarr was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia as a child: 'Time may change me'
- Andrew Howard, diagnosed with prostate cancer: 'There are all sorts of different survivals'
- Mikah Montgomery, diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer: 'There’s no happy pills or magic wands'
- Natalia Dewiyani, diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma: 'One smile a day'
- Alison Button-Sloan, a health professional who became a patient when diagnosed with melanoma: 'We are Australia’s cancer'
ACSC consumer advocate, Meg Rynderman, shares with us her cancer survivorship journey ‘10 years on – My story retold’.
John Rynderman, husband of ACSC’s consumer advocate, Meg Rynderman, shares his experience in ‘Survivorship, a partner’s story’