We know how important it is for our patients to have a loved ones around, so in line with the easing of Victoria’s COVID-19 restrictions, we are pleased to be able to remove time limits and restrictions on the number of visitors to impatient wards.
This change takes effect from 8am on Saturday 27 February.
We still ask that outpatients come to their specialist clinic, day therapy, cancer imaging or radiotherapy appointments with only one support person and that they ensure the below COVID-safe measures are adhered to, including the wearing of masks and social distancing.
As always, special arrangements may be made for patients in palliative care – please contact the relevant Nurse Unit Manager to discuss.
- Visiting hours are from 8am to 8pm.
- All visitors must register at screening points on entry and undertake temperature checks.
- All visitors must be free of any symptoms of COVID-19, and check Department of Health exposure sites before visiting.
- Hospital visitors aged 12 years and over must still wear a mask.
- All visitors must practice physical distancing and maintain good hand hygiene – wash and sanitise hands regularly.
Please note that we continue to ask all visitors to limit their movement around the hospital to what is necessary.
If you would like more information please visit the Department of Health website.