Stomach cancers happen in the organs that are found in the upper section of the digestive system.
Like all Peter Mac’s tumour streams, the Upper Gastrointestinal Service is a collaboration with the VCCC Parkville clinical partners, providing coordinated and comprehensive cancer care. This service includes diagnosis, treatment, supportive care and community outreach for patients. To achieve this, the collective resources and expertise of each of the VCCC Parkville clinical partner organisations come together in a multidisciplinary environment to coordinate seamless patient-centred care, education and research activities.
This Upper Gastrointestinal Service includes leadership and multidisciplinary teams formed across our clinical partners, with staff from multiple disciplines working together to deliver individualised care.
Activities across the Upper Gastrointestinal Service include:
- a coordinated referral and appointment process
- early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and supportive care
- oversight of the whole cancer journey for patients
- multidisciplinary team meetings
- multidisciplinary clinics
- medical oncology
- radiation oncology
- a quality and audit program
- a research and education program
- leadership and support for cancer care delivered throughout Victoria.
Neuroendocrine clinic (Monday AM)
- Neuroendocrine Medical Oncology
- Neuroendocrine Surgery
- Neuroendocrine - Nuclear medicine
- Neuroendocrine - Endocrinology
- Neuroendocrine - Cardiology
Pancreatic (Monday AM)
- HPB Surgery
- Upper GI Medical oncology
Upper gastrointestinal (Wednesday PM)
- Upper GI Medical Oncology
- Upper GI Radiation oncology
- Upper GI surgery
We have a strong focus on clinical trials to enable us to improve care for not only our patients but all patients with stomach cancers. Every cancer patient is at the heart of what we do. Dedicated to you, we commit and pursue state-of-the-art research that we take from bench to bedside and beyond.
If you are interested in joining a clinical trial, speak to your cancer specialist.
For a full list of clinical trials we offer, visit our looking for a clinical trial page.
All referrals can be made via direct referral to the outpatients department:
Phone: 0475 825 664
Email: [email protected]
We understand how stressful and difficult cancer can be.
Your Peter Mac team of experts are dedicated and sensitive to your individual health and wellbeing needs – we are here to help.
You will need a referral from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
For health professionals
Visit the referrals page for further information.