The Wellbeing Centre offers a variety of programs, services and education opportunities for patients, families and carers.
*DUE TO THE CURRENT WAVE OF COVID-19 CASES, OUR PEER SUPPORT GROUPS AND PROGRAMS WILL REMAIN ONLINE ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING*
Stay up to date with our programs and receive our monthly newsletter - subscribe to our mailing list
Peer Support Programs
- Carers Circle
- 'Men's Shed presents....' Series
- Victorian Head and Neck Cancer and Education Support Group
- Love & Light Lung Cancer Support Group
- Chinese Support Group
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPN) Support Group (on hold)
- Bridge of Support by Counterpart (on hold)
- Aboriginal Yarning Circle
Wellbeing Programs and Services
- Men's Shed program
- Cultural Support for Mandarin speaking patients
- Oncology Massage
- Join Us for Art (resuming March 2023)
- Let's Talk Changes in Memory in Thinking
- Let's Talk Exercise
- Let's Talk Fatigue
- Let's Talk Lymphoedema
- Food for Thought: Cooking demonstration (on hold)
- Quarterly Seminars on topics such a fear of cancer recurrence, planning for future health care, parenting with cancer (on hold)
Kick Start Your Writing - 3 day workshop held over 3 weeks - (on hold, wait listed)
Previous writings have been included in an inspiring book, for further information or to purchase a copy see our staff or click on link:
Stories from Peter Mac [Book]
Floristry Fun - a short video about flower arranging that you can access from home. You will be guided by an experienced florist and floristry teacher to create a beautiful vase of flowers that you and others can enjoy.
Stand Up For Cancer - stand-up comedian Rachel Berger facilitated a one-day stand-up comedy workshop at Peter Mac for 10 first-time, would-be comedians who had the opportunity to perform their routines to a live audience that very night.
Events and Celebrations
Peter Mac acknowledges that patient needs extend beyond their immediate care. We run a number of small events and celebrations throughout the year to celebrate the culture and diversity of our patients through decorations, activities and community partnerships.