Celia is the Clinical Lead for Occupational Therapy at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and has specialised in oncology and palliative care for more than 10 years.
She is also Research Lead for Occupational Therapy at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and Adjunct Lecturer at Monash University. Celia is involved with research in the areas of palliative care and cancer rehabilitation, specifically the experiences of patients and carers, the benefits of rehabilitation and return to work programs.
- Le B, Marston C,Kerley C, Eastman P. Facilitating the choice of dying at home or in residential care with the implementation of a Palliative Care Rapid Response team in a cancer centre and general hospital. Pall Med 2019 Jan; DOI: 10.1177/0269216318824273 Impact Factor 3.780
- Morgan DD, Marston C, Garner J and Currow DC. Subacute Rehabilitation Does Have Benefits for Patients With Advanced Cancer. JPSM 2018;. DOI:10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2017.10.012
- Yu, ML, Brown T, White, C., Marston C. and Thyer L. The impact of undergraduate occupational therapy students’ interpersonal skills on their practice education performance: A pilot study. Aust Occup Ther J.2018; doi:10.1111/1440-1630.12444
- Marston, CK, Agar M, Brown, T Patients' and caregivers' perceptions of occupational therapy and adapting to discharge home from an inpatient palliative care setting, British Journal of Occupational Therapy, vol 78, issue 11, pp. 688-696. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0308022615586417(Impact factor: 0.935; Received Editor’s Choice Award)
- Occupational Therapy Australia (2015) Occupational Therapy in Palliative Care – Position Statement: Fitzroy.
- Morgan, D. D., Marston, C., & Bourke, J. (2017). Reasoning underpinning assessments for people experiencing medical conditions and conditions requiring surgery. In M. Curtin, M. Egan & J. Adams (Eds.), Occupational Therapy for People Experiencing Illness, Injury or Impairment [previously entitled Occupational Therapy and Physical Dysfunction]: Elsevier. (Invited Book Chapter)
- Morgan, D.D., & Marston, C. (2017) Professional reasoning underpinning assessment in general medicine and general surgery: A practice story. In M. Curtin, M. Egan & J. Adams (Eds.), Occupational Therapy for People Experiencing Illness, Injury or Impairment [previously entitled Occupational Therapy and Physical Dysfunction]: Elsevier. (Invited Book Chapter)
- Brown, T., Yu, M-L., White C, Marston, C. (2017). Population Health, Health Promotion & Health Literacy: Facilitating the Health & Wellbeing of Our Clients. In T Brown,H Bourke-Taylor, S Isbel, R Cordier (Eds.),Occupational Therapy in Australia: Professional and Practice Issues: Allen And Unwin Academic. (Invited Book Chapter).