Find out some of the conditions that can be treated with the Gamma Knife.
- Vestibular Schwannoma (also known as Acoustic Neuroma)
- Pituitary tumours: Pituitary adenoma, Craniopharyngioma
- Other Base of skull tumours: Schwannoma, Clivus Chordoma, Paraganglioma
- Multiple brain metastases (secondary cancer in the brain)
– especially ≥ 5 that need to be treated at the same time.
- Arteriovenous Malformation
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Hypothalamic Hamartoma and refractory seizure disorders
- Refractory movement disorders; Essential tremor, Parkinson’s disease
Common diagnosis that are not treated with Gamma Knife
- Glioma family of brain tumours such as Glioblastoma and Astrocytoma and Oligodendroglioma grades 2 and 3
- Atypical and malignant meningioma
- Spine tumours