The Wellbeing Centre hosts many events and seminars. Peter Mac volunteers and health professionals run various sessions and educational seminars within the Wellbeing Centre.
As part of our service, the Wellbeing Centre offers a number of free services to help our patients and carers with handle stress and improve overall wellbeing. Some of our services include:
- Gentle exercise / yoga
- Carers circle
- Hand and foot massage
- Head scarf demonstrations
- Food for thought: Cooking demonstration
EDUCATIONAL Wellbeing Seminars
People with cancer, carers, friends and family members are invited to attend our educational seminars. These seminars are aimed at helping you and your loved ones get through cancer treatment, manage the side-effects of cancer and its treatments, address "too hard to talk about issues" and live meaningfully whilst facing cancer. All sessions are facilitated by our Peter Mac psychosocial oncology experts. You may attend as many sessions as you like.
All sessions are free. Coffee and tea will be provided.
- Lets talk exercise - 1st Tuesday of the month
- Lets talk about fatigue - 1st Thursday of the month
- Parenting through cancer treatments and side-effects (dates TBA)
- Fear of cancer recurrence
- When my cancer won’t go away
- Time to consider: Planning early for your future care needs
Events and Celebrations
Peter Mac acknowledges that patient needs extend beyond their immediate care. We run a number of small events and celebrations throughout the year to celebrate the culture and diversity of our patients through decorations, activities and community partnerships. Check our events page to see what's coming up and out highlights page to see what we have been up to!