- You can complete a pretest call at any time using a reasonably up-to-date computer, iPad, tablet or smart phone connected to the internet.
- Suitable Browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox or Apple Safari.
- If you are new to video calls (or switching devices), it is recommended to run a precall test to confirm your device is suitable.
NOTE: Always run the precall test on the same device that you intend to use during your telehealth consult.
- The Precall Test takes a couple of minutes to complete. During this process you may be asked if Healthdirect can use your microphone and camera.
- Please select Allow for both options, otherwise the video call will not work.
- If the Precall Test was unsuccessful and you have another device available, complete this step again on the other device to check for suitability.
- For video call [email protected].
Start a video call:
- On the day of your consultation before you select Start a video call you need to ensure you are entering the correct clinic.
- For Parkville (North Melbourne) ensure you are entering clinic: (1) Parkville telehealth (North Melbourne).
- It is recommended to Start a video call at least five minutes before your scheduled consult time.
- You might be asked again if Healthdirect can use your microphone and camera. Please select Allow for both options, otherwise the video call will not work.
- You are required to complete your First Name, Last Name and Phone Number so that your consultant can correctly identify you in the waiting room.
- At the following screen and after reading the Important Information, select Continue to proceed.
- You are now in the waiting room. While waiting in the waiting room you will see a live video of yourself and music will be playing.
- You are able to change the music selection by clicking onto Choose an alternate playlist or otherwise you can pause the music if you do not want to listen to any.
- Like any appointment there can be a wait, during this time you'll be using very little internet data as you wait online.
- You will receive a message on the screen that we have seen you and checked you in.
- For further information, please refer to the [email protected].