Peter Mac is committed to providing the best care, as close to home as possible. By using simple video on a computer or other device, you can have a clinic appointment from the comfort of your home or with your local GP or other healthcare provider.
Telehealth must be booked in advance and can be available for anyone. Your clinician at Peter Mac needs to agree that it is suitable before it is booked.
It can be especially helpful for rural, regional or interstate patients of Peter Mac.
Ask your Peter Mac team about telehealth.
- Ask at your next appointment, call your Patient Navigator or email [email protected].
- If it is suitable, you will get an appointment letter that includes instructions.
- Do a test call now (if you're going to do the video call yourself) and when you get the appointment letter to make sure you can make video calls with Peter Mac.
On the day
- A bit before or around the time of your booked appointment, come back to this website and click 'Start video call'.
- This is like coming to clinic at Peter Mac.
- You'll get a message on screen to confirm we have seen your call and checked you in. If you do not get this message within about 10 minutes, please call Specialist Clinics on (03) 855 98157
- Expect a wait just as you might have when at Peter Mac
Need bloods or imaging?
- Your Peter Mac treating team will talk to you about getting bloods or imaging done locally beforehand, if this is needed.
- If you have rights to free Australian public healthcare, there are no costs to you when using telehealth with Peter Mac.