The volunteer service work hard to provide support services and products to patients and their families.
Patient and carer support
Volunteers provide a number of support initiatives that are available for both patients and carers, including:
- Gifts for patients birthdays or celebration
- Weekday convenience trolley including newspapers
- Ward visiting service
- Help with admissions
- Meet and greet to help people find their way around
- Pet Therapy Program in conjunction with Lort Smith
Please contact Volunteer Services or speak to a ward clerk about any of these services.
Child minding for medical appointments
The Volunteer Service can help care for your children or grandchildren while you attend medical appointments.
This service requires a booking which can be made by contacting Volunteer Services.
Patient support products
A range of patient support products are available including:
- Slippers, sleepwear, Underwear and Socks
- Toiletry bags
- Image bags, drainage tube bags, catheter bags, cylinder bags, syringe driver bags
- Breast cushions - three styles
- Quilts and rugs
- Child activity bags
- Reading glasses
Please contact Volunteer Services or speak to a ward clerk to enquire about these products.
Phone: (03) 8559 6811
Email: [email protected]