Clinical practice guidelines serve as a guide for doctors, and outline appropriate methods of treatment and care.
The ACSC recommends health professionals refer to the Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs). OCPs describe the optimal cancer care for specific tumour types. They map the patient journey, aiming to foster an understanding of the whole pathway identifying specific points and recommended care at each stage, to promote quality cancer care and patient experiences.
The OCPs are being implemented nationally.
ACSC also provides a directory of additional survivorship resources from reputable national and international organisations.
ACSC follow-up guidelines
Cancer Australia guidelines
- Clinical guidance for responding to suffering in adults with cancer
- Recommendations for the identification and management of fear of cancer recurrence in adult cancer survivors
- Management of menopausal symptoms in women with a history of breast cancer
- Recommendations for follow-up of women with early breast cancer
- Follow up of women with epithelial ovarian cancer
- Follow-up care for women with low risk endometrial cancer: A guide for General Practitioners
- Follow up after initial definitive treatment for each stage of melanoma
American Society of Clinical Oncology guidelines
- Patient-Clinician Communication: American Society of Clinical Oncology Consensus Guideline
- Screening, assessment and management of fatigue in adult survivors of cancer: an American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline Adaptation
- Screening, Assessment, and Care of Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms in Adults With Cancer Guideline Adaptation
- Prevention and management of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy in survivors of adult cancers: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline
- Fertility Preservation in patients with cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology Update
- Prevention and Monitoring of Cardiac Dysfunction in Survivors of Adult Cancers
- Management of Chronic Pain in Survivors of Adult Cancers
- Prostate cancer survivorship care guideline: American Society of Clinical Oncology Guideline Endorsement
- Head and Neck Cancer Survivorship Care
- ACS/ASCO Breast Cancer Survivorship Care Guideline
- Integration of Palliative Care Into Standard Oncology Care