Keep up to date with our events. Join our mailing list.
Cancer Wellness Program
This free education and support program is for cancer survivors who have completed active treatment; it is also for carers, partners and family members. It can help you, and those around you, to develop practical strategies for managing life now and moving beyond recovery to wellness. The program is run in partnership with the Cancer Council Victoria.
As well as interactive sessions from health professionals you will have the opportunity to share with others going through a similar experience. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
- Friday, 23 October 2020
Cancer Wellness Program videos
Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances with COVID-19 (coronavirus), in order to protect our patients, ACSC had to cancel the face-to-face April Cancer Wellness Program.
We understand this is a difficult time for many and that you may not be able to access your regular support networks. To ensure you are still supported during this time, we have a series of videos developed by Cancer Council Victoria, as well as Peter Mac covering topics we usually discuss at the Cancer Wellness Program.
- Managing cancer-related fatigue (Peter Mac): 14.25 minutes
- Topics: What is cancer-related fatigue, common symptoms, understanding your energy levels, prioritising your energy, strategies to manage cancer-related fatigue
- Physical activity and survivorship (Cancer Council Victoria): 15.05 minutes
- Topics: what is physical activity, importance and benefits of physical activity, safe practices for exercising
- Healthy eating and nutrition (Cancer Council Victoria): 4.10 minutes
- Topics: what healthy eating looks like, importance of healthy eating, strategies to help you eat well
- Emotional health and wellbeing (Cancer Council Victoria): 5.46 minutes
- Topics: common experiences for cancer survivors, strategies for a full life, support services
- Life management, finances and work (Cancer Council Victoria): 6.44 minutes
- Topics: financial concerns, returning to work, pro-bono programs
You can also visit these ACSC web pages for more support and information:
- Resources for survivors and carers
- Common survivorship issues directory
- Self-management for cancer survivors
- Cancer Council Information and Support line: 13 11 20
- Cancer Council NSW web page: Life after cancer treatment
Please contact us at [email protected] or 03 8559 6220 if there is anything we can do to support you further during this time.