The Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre, A Richard Pratt legacy (ACSC) is a unique service based at Peter Mac. Our vision is to optimise the health and wellbeing of cancer survivors and their carers.
Keep up to date with our publications and newsletters. Join our ACSC mailing list.
The Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre – A Richard Pratt legacy (ACSC) program of work is guided by our Strategic Plan 2017/18 - 2019/20 .
Survivorship in the news
- On the Simplify Cancer podcast, Professor Jefford talks about the Survivorship Blueprint on the Simplify Podcast (Episode 16).
- On the Nightlife with Philip Clark podcast, Professor Michael Jefford and Meg Rynderman discuss Life after Cancer.
The ACSC publishes several newsletters and an annual year in review:
- Year in Review 2018
- ACSC Newsletter November 2018
- ACSC Newsletter August 2018
- ACSC Newsletter June 2018
- Year in Review 2014
- ACSC Newsletter December 2014
- ACSC Newsletter November 2014
- ACSC Newsletter June 2014
- Survivorship care plan literature review (Jan 2016)
- Needs assessment tools for survivors review (Jan 2016)
- General practice clinical placement pilot Program: final report (2015)
- Evaluation of the implementation of survivorship care plans at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre (2014)
- Jefford M. Overview: improving outcomes for cancer survivors in Australia. Cancer Forum 2009; 33(3): 159-163
- Lotfi-Jam K, Schofield P, Jefford M. What constitutes ideal survivorship care? Cancer Forum 2009; 33(3):171-174
- Brennan M, Jefford M. General practitioner-based models of post-treatment follow up. Cancer Forum 2009; 33(3): 179-182
- Pezaro C, Jefford M. Early stage bowel cancer - follow up and survivorship. Aust Fam Physician 2009; 38 (4): 205-8
- Jefford M, Rowland J, Grunfeld E, Richards M, Maher J, Glaser A. Implementing improved post-treatment care for cancer survivors in England, with reflections from Australia, Canada and the USA. Br J Cancer 2013; 108(1): 14-20.
- Jefford M, Kinnane N, Howell P, Nolte L, Galetakis S, Mann GB, Naccarella L, Lai-Kwon J, Simons K, Avery S, Thompson K, Ashley D, Haskett M, Davies E, Whitfield K. Implementing novel models of posttreatment care for cancer survivors: Enablers, challenges and recommendations. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 2015; 11(4): 319-27. Epub 2015 Aug 6.
- Nolte L, Kinnane N, Lai-Kwon J, Gates P, Shilkin P, Jefford M. The Impact of Survivorship Care Planning on Patients, General Practitioners, and Hospital-Based Staff. Cancer Nurs 2016; 39(6): E26-E35.
- Evans J, Nolte L, Piper A, Simkiss L, Whitfield K, Jefford M. A clinical placement program for primary care professionals at a comprehensive cancer centre. Aust Fam Physician 2016; 45(8): 606-610.
- Shaw T, Yates P, Moore B, Ash K, Nolte L, Krishnasamy M, Nicholson J, Rynderman M, Avery J, Jefford M. Development and evaluation of an online educational resource about cancer survivorship for cancer nurses: a mixed-methods sequential study. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl). 2017 Jul;26(4).
- Kinnane N, Piper A, Jefford M. How will cancer survivors use survivorship care plans? Acta Oncol 2017 Feb; 56(2): 183-189.
- Kinnane NA, Piper A, Wiley G, Nolte L, Evans J, Jefford M. Transforming Cancer Survivorship Care: An Australian Experience. Asia Pac J Oncol Nurs. 2017 Apr-Jun;4(2):91-94.
- Jiao M, Hall AE, Nolte L, Piper A, Jefford M. A rapid review of needs assessment tools for post-treatment cancer survivors. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 2017 Sep 18 [Epub ahead of print]
- Lai-Kwon J, Jefford M. Improving care for cancer survivors. Expert Review of Quality of Life in Cancer Care 2017; 2(5): 251-262
- Wiley G, Piper A, Butow P, Schofield P, Douglas F, Roy J, Nolte L, Jefford M. Developing written information for cancer survivors from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds: lessons learnt. Asia Pac J Oncol Nurs DOI:10.4103/apjon.apjon_63_17
Malin J, Sayers EJ, Jefford M, What is quality health care for cancer surviviors? in Quality Health Care for Cancer Survivors edited by Feuerstein M, Ganz PA. (Springer, 2011).
(In production – ‘International perspectives’ chapter in ‘Handbook of Cancer Survivorship’ edited by Feuerstein M (2nd edition, Springer, to be published in 2018) – Findley PA, Jefford M, Johanssen C, Chang A)