Please do not visit Peter Mac if you are feeling unwell, or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
Visiting a hospital patient
- Patients can have two visitors at a time, for a limit of two hours per visit.
- Visiting hours are 8am to 8pm.
When visiting Peter Mac
- All visitors must show proof of having received at least two COVID-19 vaccinations upon entry. (If proof cannot be shown, you must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken on the day of your visit.)
- Everybody eight years and over must wear a mask. N95 masks will be provided on entry.
- Please maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres when visiting.
- Please stay in the patient’s room where possible and avoid moving around the building unnecessarily.
- These measures are in line with the Victorian government’s requirements for all hospital visitors.
For more details on the Victorian Government’s COVIDSafe measures for visiting hospitals and care facilities visit this page.
Building entry screening for all visitors
On arrival, every visitor will be asked to undertake a take a pre-attendance risk assessment. This will include a check of your COVID-19 vaccination status, and you may be asked to take a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) onsite. Alternatively, you can show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken on the day of your visit.
People who do not meet entry criteria are prohibited from entering the health service unless an exemption is authorised by senior hospital staff. Please discuss this with the Nurse in Charge of the ward you will be attending prior to your visit.
There are no limits on number of visitors for people receiving end of life care. We do ask that visits are limited to two (2) hours, and that they are pre-arranged with the Nurse Unit Manager. Vaccination and mask requirements apply, as above.
Accompanying an outpatient to Peter Mac
Patients coming to Peter Mac to attend their specialist clinic, day care, imaging or radiotherapy appointments may attend with only one support person. Vaccination and mask requirements apply, as above.