BReast Origin CAncer tissue DonatEd after death, BROCADE, is a resource to support research into breast cancer.
In particular, BROCADE will develop models for use in research towards new and more effective treatments for breast cancer.
Who is involved?
- Prof Robin Anderson: Honorary Professor, Sir Peter MacCallum Dept of Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
Head, Translational Breast Cancer Program
Head, Metastasis Research Laboratory, Professor, School of Cancer Medicine, La Trobe University, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute
- A/Prof Alexander Swarbrick:
Co-Head Breast Translational Oncology Program, Kinghorn Cancer Centre Garvan Institute of Medical Research
Chief investigators based at Peter Mac are:
- Prof Ricky Johnstone: Associate Director Laboratory Research, Head Gene Regulation Laboratory
- A/Prof Sherene Loi: Medical Oncologist, Head Translational Breast Cancer Research Laboratory.
Other investigators come from across Australia and are experts in a range of fields, including pathology, cancer medicine, surgery, translational research and community representation.
- Prof Boon H Chua: Director of Cancer and Haematology Services, Prince of Wales Hospital, UNSW Sydney
- Prof Christobel Saunders: Professor Surgical Oncology, University of Western Australia
- A/Prof Elgene Lim: Head, Connie Johnson Breast Cancer Research Laboratory, Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Prof Sandra O’Toole: Head, Translational Breast Cancer Research, Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Prof Anthony Gill: Professor of Surgical Pathology, University of Sydney
- Prof Sunil Lakhani: Head Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research
- Prof KumKum Khanna: Group Leader, Signal Transduction Laboratory, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
- Ms Kym Berchtenbreiter: Consumer Representative and Community Liaison, Breast Cancer Network Australia
BROCADE is funded by the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
The BROCADE project is managed by Lisa Devereux, based at the Peter Mac. The Human Research Ethics Committee at Peter Mac has reviewed and approved all the documents used to communicate with donors and gain their consent.
The BROCADE Manager can be contacted if you have any questions regarding being a donor, accessing the resource or if you wish to provide any updates.
Lisa Devereux, Manager
Office phone: (03) 8559 6532
24 hour contact phone: (03) 8559 6821
Email: [email protected]
Lisa Devereux, Cancer Research Division
Locked Bag 1, A’Beckett Street
Melbourne VIC 8006