State-of-the-art radiation and imaging equipment underpins Peter Mac’s efforts to enhance the delivery of radiation therapy, both as a single modality and, increasingly, as a combined modality therapy using novel chemotherapy and targeted therapy agents.
- PET/CT simulator with capacity for four-dimensional computed tomography (4D-CT).
- Linear accelerators with capability for image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and stereotactic ablative radiation therapy.
- Brachytherapy suites for intracavitary/interstitial brachytherapy and intra-operative radiation therapy (IORT).
- Superficial radiation therapy.
- Diagnostic imaging, including mammography, ultrasound, multi-slice helical CT, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) and PET/CT co-registration.
- Nuclear medicine and interventional radiology procedures.
- Connection to laboratory research through the Translational Research Group.