Telehealth can be for anyone. Ask your Peter Mac team about telehealth - your doctor, nurse or other clinician will confirm if telehealth is suitable before your appointment is booked.
Telehealth can be especially helpful for anyone who finds it difficult to get to Peter Mac or have to travel a long way to get here. It is also helpful to include your local GP, nurse or oncologist, or other family members, in your Peter Mac appointment.
Ask your Peter Mac team about telehealth.
- Ask at your next appointment or call your Patient Navigator.
- If it is suitable, you will get an appointment letter that includes instructions.
- Please - Do a test call now .
- If you like, you can conduct a LIVE test call with the Telehealth team so you know what to expect on the day of your appointment. Call (03) 8559 7578 during standard business hours to organise this.
On the day of your appointment
- At least 5 to 10 minutes before your booked telehealth video appointment, please visit the telehealth webpage and click the 'Start video call' button.
- You will need to select the clinic to enter. If your appointment is at Parkville, select this clinic, otherwise choose the appropriate waiting room to enter.
- Follow the prompts ensuring you allow access to microphone and camera when prompted. After entering your name and contact number and selecting the continue buttons twice you will be logged into the online waiting room.
- This is like you are attending the clinic at Peter Mac but virtually.
- You'll get a message on screen to confirm "that you have been checked in". If you do not get this message within about 15-20 minutes, please call Telehealth on (03) 8559 7578
- You are to remain logged into the online waiting room until your Peter Mac clinician is ready to see you.
- Remember, like attending the clinic in person, there will still be a wait involved and it is quite common to be waiting online for approximately 40 minutes.
Need bloods or imaging?
- Your Peter Mac treating team will talk to you about getting bloods or imaging done locally beforehand, if this is needed.
- If you have rights to free Australian public healthcare, there are no costs to you when using telehealth with Peter Mac.