Peter Mac treated 35,277 patients in 2016-17, up 13% on the previous year. Our clinical activity also grew overall, with more than 155,000 specialist clinic appointments and 65,932 inpatient bed days.
Other key statistics and highlights discussed at Peter Mac’s 2017 Annual General Meeting, held today:
- Patients continue to feel very positive about their care - 94% of patients independently surveyed were satisfied with their overall care at Peter Mac.
- Peter Mac scientists had a 33% project grant success rate with the NHMRC, more than double the national average.
- Regional patients now have more options closer to home, with Peter Mac’s expanded Bendigo service now co-located in the new Bendigo. Hospital and a new outreach service launched for Kyneton.
- The Peter Mac Foundation contributed $44.2 million dollars to support cancer research at Peter Mac.
The AGM is also an opportunity to recognise excellence and celebrate outstanding contributions by Peter Mac’s staff. Here are the winners of the Peter Mac Awards for 2017:
World’s Best Cancer Care
- Individual winner – Josh Hart
- Team winner – Bendigo Radiotherapy Redevelopment Team
- Team winner – Cytosuite and Day Therapy Pharmacy
Accelerate Discovery and Translational Research
- Individual Winner – Jan Williamson
- Team winner – CASCADE
- Research Prize, Peter MacCallum Postgraduate Research Medal – Dr David Liu
- Research Prize, Joseph F.Sambrook Prize for Research Excellence – Prof David Bowtell, Dr Elizabeth Christie, Dr Dariush Etemadmoghadam and Dr Dale Garsed
Excellence in Cancer Prevention and Wellbeing
- Individual winner – Jamie Waterland
- Team winner – Can-Sleep Team
Innovation and Collaboration
- Individual winner – Elena Schiena
- Team winner – Moorabbin IntraOperative Radiotherapy Team
- Individual winner – Graeme Sissing
- Team winner – Bendigo Radiotherapy Foundation