This week Peter Mac's Food Service released a new patient menu with more variety and new freshly-baked items created by our chefs.
The kitchen is a hive of activity and produces thousands of freshly-cooked, nutritious meals every week - all personalised for every patient.
A lot of work has gone into creating the new menu with input from chefs and dietitians and extensive taste testing with focus groups to get it just right.
Watch as we go behind the scenes to check the meal prep in action.
- 14 day menu cycle will replace the traditional 28 day cycle to reduce repetition
- 108 recipes have been reviewed and 28 new items introduced
- Lunch - 6 salads, 4 soups, 3 hot meals and an additional 2 sandwich options
- Dinner - we have maintained our popular dinner items, added 4 new vegetable dishes, 5 salads and 4 desserts
- Seasonal vegetables
- Increased vegetarian options
- Lighter lunch options and
- Freshly baked morning tea
The menu will be reviewed annually as part of our ongoing commitment to providing excellent patient care.