Due to Metro Tunnel construction, access to Peter Mac has changed.
What this means for people coming to Peter Mac:
- You can no longer turn from Elizabeth Street or Royal Parade into Grattan Street
- Grattan Street has become a turning circle, with entry ONLY via Flemington Road
- Our normal patient drop-off and pick-up zone is closed - but there are two new drop-off and pick-up zones. See more on this below.
New pick-up and drop-off zones:
- Grattan Street - You must enter from Flemington Road. There is a turning circle, and pick-up and drop-off zone. This is a short distance from our main entrance.
- Elizabeth Street - Drive in the furthest left-hand land when exiting the Haymarket round-about. You'll see a drive-in bay. You can drop-off or pick-up here, and it is a short distance to our Elizabeth Street entrance.
Please park for only five minutes in the pick-up or drop-off zone.
Did you know you can also drop-off for free in our carpark?
Free patient drop off is available via the Peter Mac carpark on Flemington Road providing it is less than 30 minutes.
- Drive into our underground carpark (off Flemington Road), take a ticket at the boom gate and proceed to level B3 or B4.
- Drop off the patient near the B3 or B4 lifts, and drive away.
- Insert your ticket again at the exit. There is no cost as long as your car exits the carpark within 30 minutes.
Please note the west-bound traffic lane on our side of Grattan Street is not expected to open for three years.
However there are no changes to pedestrian access or public transport.
Traffic management and signage will be in place to safely guide pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles around the work areas.
Access for emergency services, hospitals, and businesses will be maintained at all times.
For more information about the Metro Tunnel Project, please visit metrotunnel.vic.gov.au or call 1800 105 105 (24-hours a day).