Peter Mac has a special team of administration staff called Patient Navigators who help patients navigate their treatment between visits to Peter Mac.
Your patient navigator
Your Patient Navigator is an important member of your care team. They work closely with you, your doctors, nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals to ensure you receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
You should contact your Patient Navigator if you have a question about appointments in Specialist Clinics or Allied Health.
Your Patient Navigator can help you by
- Answering routine questions.
- Helping you understand appointment instructions or change clinic appointment times where possible.
- Pass on your messages to your care team to ensure you get the help you need.
Appointments your Patient Navigator can help with
Please contact your Patient Navigator by phone or email if you need help with appointments, or cannot attend an appointment, in:
- Specialist Clinics or
- Allied Health (including Physiotherapy, Social work, Occupational therapy, Exercise physiology, Speech therapy, Nutrition and dietetics, Psychology)
Business Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Appointments where you should contact the service directly
If you need help with an appointment in any of the following departments, please phone them directly:
- Language Services - (03) 8559 5430
- Cancer Imaging - (03) 8559 5510
- Radiotherapy - (03) 8559 6270
- Day Therapy - (03) 8559 5355
You can leave a message
If your Patient Navigator cannot immediately answer the phone, you will be put through to an answering machine so you can leave a message. You can also email your Patient Navigator.
All queries will be answered. Patient Navigators respond to the most urgent queries first.
Contact your Patient Navigator
Patient Navigators work closely with your care team and have special knowledge relating to their area. Generally, your Patient Navigator is the one that aligns with your primary diagnosis. Please refer to the contact list to find your Patient Navigator.
In the event of a medical emergency
In a medical emergency, please dial 000 for an ambulance or go to your nearest emergency department.