Our car parking facility at the VCCC building offers safe car parking every day of the week from 6:00am to 9:00pm.
Location and access
Our Peter Mac visitor car park is located underground on levels B3 and B4.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN ONLY ACCESS OUR CAR PARK FROM FLEMINGTON ROAD, TRAVELLING TOWARDS THE CITY
- Access to the car park is only from Flemington Road, when travelling towards the city, via the far left service lane. Please note that if you are not in the far left hand service lane you will not be able to access the car park.
- You cannot turn right into the carpark (if travelling along Flemington Road away from the city). If you’re travelling from the city on Flemington Road, a U-turn is permitted opposite The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Patients can also be dropped off and picked up in front of the car park lift lobbies on Levels B3 and B4 (entry from Flemington Road). There is no charge for using the car park for less than 30 minutes.
The car park is open 7 days a week from 6:00am to 9:00pm
The visitor car park is located underground on levels B3 and B4. Please note that you can only access our car park from Flemington Road, via the left hand service lane, when travelling towards the city.
Car parking costs:
Located underground on Levels B3 and B4, access to the car park is from the left service lane on Flemington Road, when travelling towards the city.
|0 - 0.5 hours*||FREE|
|0.5 - 1 hours||$10|
|1 - 2 hours||$14|
|2 - 3 hours||$17|
|3 - 4 hours||$20|
|4 - 5 hours||$23|
|5 - 6 hours||$26|
|6+ hours (daily maximum)||$30|
|Evening rate (6:00pm to 9:00pm)||$12|
|Weekend day (Saturday and Sunday)||$12|
|** Concession for Pension and Health Care card holders||$10|
Please pay for your parking using the ticket payment machines located in the car park lift lobbies (Levels B3 and B4) prior to leaving.
*Please note if your stay is less than 30 minutes, the ticket you pulled at the boom gate upon entry will allow you to exit without having to visit the Automatic Pay Station. Simply drive up to the boom gate, insert your entry ticket and exit for free.
Free - Entry and access as per car parking.
Entry and access to the car park on a motorcycle is the same as if you were in a car. Carefully wheel your bike around the entry boom gate and park on levels B3 and B4. The same process applies on exiting the car park.
There are short term pick up and drop off spaces along Grattan Street in front of the main public entrance (opposite The Royal Melbourne Hospital).
Patient and visitor drop off
There are several short term drop off and pick up spaces for vehicles and taxis along Grattan Street in front of our main public entrance. For patients requiring a wheelchair please see information below.
Patients can also be dropped off and picked up in front of the car park lift lobbies on Levels B3 and B4 (entry from Flemington Road). There is no charge for using the car park for less than 30 minutes.
- For patients that require assistance getting around our centre, there are wheelchairs in the basement car park lift lobbies on Levels B3 and B4.
- If you require a wheelchair, please ask your loved one or carer to enter our car park (entry is via Flemington Road). Once your loved one of carer has parked on Level B3 or B4, they will be able to obtain a wheelchair for you from the car park lift lobby and take you where you need to go for your appointment.
- If your loved one or carer is dropping you off, they will have plenty of time to get you settled in your appointment location before incurring any car parking costs, as the first 30-minutes is free.
- We ask that wheelchairs are returned to the lift lobby before you leave our centre to ensure it is available for another patient who may need it.
- If you arrive in our main foyer off Grattan Street and require and assistance with getting to your appointment location, please speak to one of our team members at our main reception desk who will be able to help you.
Other car parking options
There is some street parking in the area surrounding Peter Mac which is metered Monday through to Saturday afternoon. Please ensure that you check signs for charges before parking. You may also find the Melbourne Street Parking app for iPhone and Android smart phones useful.
There are also other car parks in the area that patients and visitors can use as an alternative to Peter Mac’s car park. They are listed on the map below.
For more information, visit Parkopedia.
While some of these car parks may be cheaper in certain circumstances, they may not be as convenient for our patients and visitors.
*Please note that the University of Melbourne advises that on weekdays during semester their University Square car park fills and closes to public parking at around 9:00am to 9:30am.
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
Phone: 03 8559 5000
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
305 Grattan Street
Melbourne VIC 3000