Welcome to Peter Mac. Below you will find helpful information about navigating the building to find your appointment locations and essential services.
Our Welcome Hall and atrium are the main points of arrival in the VCCC building. There is a Welcome Lounge area for patients to wait for admission and transport — with two separate desks for these functions. There is also a staffed enquiries desk to answer any questions you may have, as well as toilets and seating.
Admission and appointments
Specialist Clinic appointments
If you have an appointment at 2C or 2D Specialist Clinics, you can scan your appointment letter at the touch screen self-check-in system in the reception area at those locations. An automated waiting system will call you in for your appointment.
All other appointments
For all other appointments, check in with staff at the reception desk where your appointment is. Your appointment letter will include this information. See over page for important information on finding your way around.
LOOK OUT FOR OUR GUIDES IN PURPLE WHO CAN HELP YOU FIND YOUR WAY.
Finding LOCATIONS WITHIN THE BUILDING
Signs inside Peter Mac help to identify the floor you are on and the area you are in. For example “2D” means you’re on level 2 and in section D.
Your appointment letter will tell you the location of the reception desk you need to find for your appointment, for example “2D Specialist Clinics”. Follow the lift directory to that level and follow the signs to the reception desk where your Peter Mac team will help you.
There are touch screen information kiosks located in the Welcome Hall, in the car park lift lobbies on Levels B3 and B4 and on Level 1 and Level 7. These kiosks can help you find where you need to go and print a map for you.
THERE ARE RECEPTION DESKS LOCATED IN ALL PETER MAC PATIENT AREAS. NOT SURE WHERE TO GO? JUST ASK
Using public lifts
1. Choose the level you want to go to
2. Swipe your hand under the touch screen to call a lift
3. Enter your level number using the touch screen
4. The system will show you which lift you need to catch. Move to the lift that is shown on the screen. (Note, the lifts are ordered alphabetically)
5. The lift will then take you where you need to go. The floor number/s it will stop at are indicated inside the lift, alongside the door
Top 10 'need to knows' about getting around Peter Mac
- Our car park is only accessible via Flemington Road, heading towards the city
- Tram routes from the city to Peter Mac are 19 and 59 (via Elizabeth Street) and 58 (via William Street)
- The closest train stations to Peter Mac are North Melbourne, Flagstaff and Melbourne Central
- There is a bus that leaves outside North Melbourne Train Station (Monday to Friday) that brings you to Peter Mac
- Touch screen information kiosks are in the Welcome Hall, car park lift lobbies on Levels B3 and B4 and on Levels 1 and 7. These will help you find where you need to go
- Your appointment letter will include information regarding the location of your appointment. Use signs or the touch screen information kiosks to confirm the floor you are on and where you need to go
- There are staffed reception desks located in all patient areas. Use signs or the touch screen information kiosks to find where you need to go
- If you have a Specialist Clinic appointment with us, you can scan your appointment letter at the touch screen self-check-in system located in these areas (2C and 2D Specialist Clinics)
- Only get into a lift if you’ve called it via the touch screen. The floor number/s it will stop at are indicated inside the lift, alongside the door
- Need help? Just ask. Peter Mac staff are always here to support you