Learn about the pivotal role the dental team play in the comprehensive management of people diagnosed with cancer of the head and neck region.
Delegates will gain an introduction to oral oncology, focusing on oral and oropharyngeal cancer diagnoses, treatment pathways and the consequences and complications of the disease.
Ensure you are up-to-date with how you can help in the long term care of cancer patients.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Dentists, dental therapists, dental specialists, dental hygienists, oral health therapists and allied health practitioners with an interest in head and neck cancer.
- Understand the risk factors, recognition, early diagnosis and referral pathways for H&N cancers
- Understand the principles of dental treatment planning, pre and post-cancer treatment
- Identify complications and their management, including both the short and long-term effects of cancer treatment
- Learn about some prosthetic and rehabilitation strategies
- Complications of radiation treatment including osteoradionecrosis
This event also with support from a Mars Wrigley Foundation grant, and the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre.