FREE EVENT - A patient-centred, prostate cancer educational seminar. The first of a series developed and organised by WCMICS and its partner hospitals.
This interactive, peer-led event is a good opportunity for patients who would like to increase their understanding and awareness of prostate cancer diagnosis, treatment decision support & significance of support groups for patients and carers.
Speakers will include:
- A/Prof Declan Murphy - Director of GU oncology & robotic surgery at Peter Mac
- Prof Penelope Schofield - Head of Behavioural science in Cancer at Peter Mac
- Catherine Mitchell - Peter Mac pathologist
You'll learn about:
- Advances in medical imaging for prostate cancer diagnosis
- Understanding prostate cancer pathology
- Support for treatment decision making for men diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Introduction to the Prostate cancer care plan
- Role of peer support groups in the prostate cancer journey
You can also interact with the speakers during the Q&A session.
Western & Central Melbourne Integrated Cancer Service (WCMICS) is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and is part of the Victorian Cancer Clinical Network, which is composed of three metropolitan and five regional Integrated Cancer Services (ICS), plus one statewide paediatric ICS. This event is also supported by the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.
Email any questions to [email protected] or call (03) 9035 9537.
Registration starts at 9am for the 9.30am - 11.30am seminar, and light refreshments will be provided.
RSVP by 5 October 2018.