Peter Mac provides an outstanding work environment and is truly a great place to work, where your impact can be endless.
Our vision and values
We strive for excellence, ensuring that clinical practice is evidence-based and patient-centred and is provided by qualified and experienced staff who are accountable and appropriately credentialled.
We strive to ensure that innovation is fostered by supporting research and a learning culture.
Adhering to the strongest ethical standards to ensure a culture of openness, mutual respect and trust, compassion is at our core.
Peter Mac’s main facility is located in the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) building at 305 Grattan Street Melbourne. The main entrance to our building is opposite The Women’s and Royal Melbourne Hospital in the Parkville biomedical precinct.
Peter Mac shares space in the VCCC building with Melbourne Health and the University of Melbourne, among other partners.
Key features of our VCCC BUILDING
Key features of our VCCC building in Melbourne include:
- 96 overnight inpatient beds
- 110 chemotherapy, medical and same-day beds and chairs
- a 42-bed capacity intensive care unit (provided on the north side of the facility by the Royal Melbourne Hospital)
- a dedicated clinical trials unit with 24 clinical trial spaces
- eight refurbished medi-hotel beds, with additional space for overnight accommodation for country patients, their families and carers
- 25,000 square meters of dedicated research space
- six operating theatres and two procedures rooms
- eight radiation therapy bunkers with six linear accelerators
- education and training facilities including 47 seminar and meeting spaces and three lecture theatres
- around 700 car parking spaces
- a 350-space bicycle facility with showers and change rooms for staff
- a 50-space bicycle storage facility for visitors.
Peter Mac also provides radiation therapy services through centres located in Bendigo, Box Hill, Moorabbin and Sunshine, allowing our patients to access the best in cancer care closer to their homes.
For more information about all our sites, visit the Contact page.