Aggressive lymphoma includes many types, sub-types and diseases.
One commonly known type is the aggressive form of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
They are called ‘aggressive lymphomas’ because they tend to grow and spread quickly. They are different to other lymphomas that grow slowly and cause fewer symptoms.
Focusing on you
To treat aggressive lymphomas, we focus on you by providing the highest standards of care in:
- cell and tissue sampling or testing for diagnosis.
- the newest molecular diagnostic tests, to detect and measure genes that are linked to your cancer.
- scans and imaging.
- a patient directed treatment plan.
- all levels of hospital care.
All our sub-type lymphoma patients have access to our clinical trials program. Our program offers a wide range of advanced research treatments.
Enhancing your care
Every cancer patient is at the heart of what we do. Our commitment is to pursue state-of-the-art research so we can link it from bench to bedside and beyond.
LIVING WITH CANCER
We know how hard cancer and treatment can be. Your lifestyle and that of your loved one's will be disrupted and changed. During this time, it is common to struggle with ongoing concerns about cancer and therapy. There are many expert groups available to support you through this time, including:
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation
- Lymphoma Australia
- Cancer Council Australia
- Cancer Council Victoria
At Peter Mac, we focus on all aspects of your health and wellbeing. Our blood cancer experts will help support and guide you to the best information and managed care.
Our specialist nurses can refer you to our:
PATIENT AND CARER RESOURCES
For more information about blood cancers, their treatment and support for patients and families, download copies of the following resources:
- Hodgkin lymphoma - Leukaemia Foundation
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma - Leukaemia Foundation
- Young Adults with a Blood Cancer - Leukaemia Foundation
- Follow-up of survivors of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma - Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre
- Follow up of survivors of Hodgkin Lymphoma - Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre
Your needs come first, so we offer expert care across a number of different Aggressive lymphoma diseases including: