|Support services in Western Australia|
Cancer Council Western Australia
|CCWA provides the following support services:|
- Emotional - Cancer Council WA is developing a Survivorship programme. Check back here for more information soon.
- Exercise - 'Life Now' is a 12 week long community based programme. To be eligible participants must have had treatment for cancer within the last two years. Carers and family members are eligible to attend with the patient. For dates and locations visit the CCWA website.
- Complementary therapies - 'Life Now Meditation Classes' is a 6-8 week community based program. For dates and locations visit the CCWA website. 'Life Now Yoga Classes' are offered to groups of people with cancer or recovering from cancer at an introductory level for 6-8 weeks. For dates and locations visit the CCWA Website.
- Community based programs - Encore is a free 8 week exercise program for women who has experinced breast cancer. For dates and locations visit the Encore website. Vario Wellness Clinic is a two part health and well being exercise programme for cancer survivors located at the Edith Cown University Health and Wellness Institute. For information on dates and the cost invloved visit the Vario Wellness Clinic website.
Paediatric Oncology Long-term Follow-up Clinic
- The Paedeatrci Oncology Long-term Follow-up Clinic sees patient from five years post treatment and monitors them for possible late effects of their treatment of childhood cancer; patients are seen yearly up until the age of 18 or until they complete secondary school, whichever comes first, they are then transitioned to an adult facility or the care of their GP. This clinic also refers patients to other specialty services such as endorcrinology, cardiology and dentistry.
Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Roberts rd Subiaco WA 6008
Contact: Kerrie Wells, Long-term Follow-up Coordinator 08 93408031