Scholarship Information - Research at Peter Mac
|Peter Mac requires postgraduate students (PhD and Medical Doctorates and Masters by Research) to have scholarship funding to support them during their candidature.|
|Prospective students are strongly encouraged to discuss scholarship options with potential supervisors, and also with the University you intend to enrol through.|
Your prospective supervisor and the Research Education Coordinator are here to help you. There are many sources of funding for postgraduate students, including those listed on this website.
|Scholarships for Australian Citizen & Permanent Residents|
|If you have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency you are eligible to apply for a wide range of scholarship funding. This includes the Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) that are administered by universities, NH&MRC Dora Lush Scholarships, Cancer Council of Victoria Postgraduate Scholarships, other specific university scholarships and disease-specific funding sources such as those offered by the Leukaemia Foundation, or specific cancer Foundations.|
See the links below to find out more about availability, applications, requirements and closing dates.
|Scholarships for International Students|
|In general, international postgraduate students are usually required to pay substantial PhD enrolment fees to the relevant University. Scholarships are available for international students. These highly competitive scholarships may provide an allowance to pay enrolment fees only, or an allowance that pays for enrolment fees and also provides a living allowance. |
There may also be funding opportunities through your country of origin, or in some cases via the AusAid Development Scholarships scheme.
Prospective international students will need to obtain relevant student visas from the Australian Government. The international offices at the University you enrol in will assist you with this process.
For International scholarship information for the University of Melbourne, go to:
|Links to Scholarship Information|
|• JASONJASON is a postgraduate scholarship search engine. Scholarships in the database apply to Australian students wishing to study at home or abroad, and to international students wishing to study in Australia.|
• Melbourne Postgraduate ScholarshipsThe University of Melbourne: Information on local and international scholarships including APA and MRS for local students, and MIRS and MIFRS for international students. Students currently enrolled at other universities can view this link or similar links at their own institution.
• Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NH&MRC) Scholarships – Dora Lush, PhD, MD/DMedSc.
• Cancer Council of Victoria Postgraduate Scholarships for PhD and DMedSc.
• Leukaemia Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships for PhD and DMedSc.
• Study in Australia - The official Government website for International students.
• AusAid Development Scholarships - Information about the Australian Government's overseas aid program that aims to increase access to and the quality of education and training for people in partner countries. Includes the Australian Development Scholarships.
• Education Network Australia - Funding & Scholarships listing.
• Scholarship database - Australian Government database of scholarships in Australia.
• Higher Study in Australia - General information for international students about higher education study in Australia.
• Association of Commonwealth Universities. Provides scholarship guide for Commonwealth postgraduate studnets offered by Governments, Rotary International, World Bank, World Health Organization, Asian Development Bank, United Nations, Rockefeller Foundation etc.
|Research Education Contact Details|
|+61 (0)3 9656 1930|