Cancer Genetics and Genomics Grants & Funding
Cancer Genetics and Genomics Grants & Funding - Research at Peter Mac
|Current Grants and Funding|
- DOD Translational Research Partnership: US$750,000, ‘Genetic Profiling in the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study’, 2008–11.
- Cancer Australia: $600,000, ‘Germline BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations in the Australian Ovarian Cancer Study’, 2008–10.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Project Grant: $545,500, ‘Inhibitors of Siah Ubiquitin Ligase’, 2008–10.
- NHMRC Project Grant: $830,000, ‘Molecular Epidemiology of Ovarian Cancer: The Australian Ovarian Cancer Study National Clinical Follow-Up Core’, 2006–10.
- NHMRC Enabling Grant: $1,000,000, ‘Australian Ovarian Cancer Study A Multi-disciplinary Ovarian Resource for the Genomics Area’, 2006–10.
- Cancer Council Victoria Grant: $299,000, 'Hypoxia Signalling in the Tumour Microenvironment', 2009–11.
- Association for International Cancer Research (AICR): £241,358, 'Hypoxia Signalling in the Tumour Microenvironment', 2009–12.
- NHMRC Medical Bioinformatics, Genomic & Proteomics Program: $1,297,000, 'International Cancer Genome Consortium – Ovarian Cancer Project', 2009–14.
- NHMRC Project Grant and DOD Development Award: $513,500, 'Molecular characterization of serous ovarian cancers with poor clinical outcome', 2010–12.
- Cancer Australia Project Grant: $549,750, 'Genomic Determinants of Chemosensitivity in Ovarian Cancer', 2010–12.
- NSW Cancer Council: $354,250, 'Pathways of malignant progression in ovarian cancer', 2010–12.
- Cass Foundation Pilot Grant: $50,000, 2009–10.
- Victorian Cancer Agency Early Career Seed Grant: $50,000, 'Genomic analysis of primary epithelial ovarian cancers and patient-matched relapse ascites'.
- NHMRC Project Grant: $496,000, 'BEST Oz (BEST Australia) - A phase II study of non-endoscopic screening for Barrett's Oesophagus in Primary Care', 2009–11.
- Cancer Australia Project Grant: $596,625, 'Randomised phase III study of preop-chemoradiotherapy vs preop-chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancer', 2009–11.
- Australian Research Council Discovery Project: $640,000, 'Functional nonlinear optical endoscopy the third generation optical endoscopy technology toward early cancer detection at a cellular level', 2008–10.
|Recent Grants and Funding|
- NHMRC Project Grant: $535,500, 'Molecular markers of the progression of intestinal metaplasia to gastric cancer', 2007–09.
- NHMRC Project Grant: $483,500, 'Sparc and Extracellular matrix proteins in tumour growth and metastasis: Analysis in Drosophila tumour models', 2007–09.
- Peter Mac Foundation Grant : $192,000, 'BRCA1 and BRCA2 genotyping of the AOCS', 2007–09.
- US Deparment of Defence (DoD): US$77,558, US Army 2009 Breast Concept Award, 2009.
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation Grant: $23,800, 'Investigating the role for SFRP4 in invasion of gastric cancer', 2009.
Printer friendly page
|+61 (0)3 9656 1356|
|Professor David Bowtell|
|Dr Michael Anglesio|
Dr Rita Busuttil
Dr Prue Cowin
Dr Dariush Etemadmoghadam
Dr Andreas Möller
|Senior Research Officers|
|Dr Alex Boussioutas|
|Executive Assistant to Professor Bowtell|