Neuro Oncology Service
Neuro Oncology Service - Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
|The Peter Mac Neuro-Oncology Service is a multidisciplinary team that offers assessment and management of patients with tumours of the central nervous system or with neurological complications of cancer.|
|It has traditionally been a Radiotherapy Service but has an expanding Medical Oncology component. External forces have influenced neurosurgery expansion. The Service has an active radiosurgery service and it remains the choice for complex neuro-oncology radiation from the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH).|
The Neuro-Oncology Service is staffed by a team of dedicated specialists offering:
• Integrated approach to the management of primary Central Nervous System tumours.
• Multidisciplinary assessment and planning of treatment for brain metastases, including radiosurgery, surgical resection and chemotherapy.
• Prompt neurosurgical/neurological opinion and intervention.
• Access to clinical trials, including trials of novel therapies.
• Radiosurgery for brain metastases, arteriovenous malformations, acoustic neuromas,and other suitable brain lesions.
• Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Complex arteriovenous malformations
- Skull base tumours
• Access to Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy
• Special interest in treatment of benign tumours - eg Acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, chordomas.
Within this website, you will find useful information on different types of neurological cancer types including: treatments, (surgery, radiation therapy and medical oncology), useful links and profile of our supportive team here at Peter Mac.
|Neurological Cancer Types >>|
|Neurological Cancer Treatments >>|
|Neurological Cancer Service Team >>|
|Neurological Service Studies & Research Findings >>|
|Familial Cancer Centre >>|